Sunday, November 9, 2014

Insider #11

Dan:
Thank you all so much with the Tiger Leader Kickstarter! It funded in under 24 hours, and that is a first here at DVG. We have all of you to thank, and if there are any pledge levels, or backer ideas, please comment below and let me know.


Kevin:
After much deliberation, we've decided to add in a 1945 Campaign to Tiger where you're playing in Germany, defending against the USA. We wanted there to be more than one campaign where you could use the late war units. It's been difficult to balance as our original concept had highly ranking commanders, and a huge starting SO bonus, but the negative was unbalanced, so we did some research. Turns out, by 1945, a lot of the experienced commanders had been captured or killed, so you actually start with a mix of low ranking as well as experienced commanders. Also, at this point in the war, Germany knew it was losing, and that was putting extra stress on their commanders to win each battle. Therefore, the Situation Card "Eyes of the Reich" is attached to every battle. The "Eyes of the Reich" card says that every time you fire and miss, the commander gains a stress. Well now, for every single battle of the entire campaign, every time you fire and miss, the commander gains a stress. This completely changes my game play, as I can't take "maybe" shots anymore. I have to be aggressive, wait for the enemy to move out of cover, or risk my commander being shaken or unfit for the next week. I've only play tested it a few times, but like all of the other campaigns, this has its own flavor and feels unique.

Holly: 
Hey everyone!! I finished up the Warfighter tutorial, and I can't wait to hear all of your thoughts! Also, are there any other games that you would like a tutorial made for? I love doing these, and I like the thought of people being familiar with the game in time to play. J






No comments:

Post a Comment